- Run the tutorial from the tools menu to get a quick overview of the package.
- Using the package is as simple as visiting each tab from Left -> Right, input the stocks, then input parts, check the settings, optimize, and you have the results in seconds.
- To add a new row in a table, simply press TAB while on the last column of the last row.
- You can sort the items in the tables, by DOUBLE Clicking on the Column heading.
- You can copy and paste the data from and to Spreadsheets and tables using the standard clipboard shortcuts (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V).
- You can import stock and part data from spreadsheets and text files using the "import Comma Separated Value file" feature.
- To change to INCHES, use the TOOLS->Unit Settings menu.
- After optimization, the stocks used and parts nested are displayed in a new column in the Stock and Part page.
- You can specify the cost of each stock, in which case the cost is optimized.
- By increasing the cost of a stock, you can assign a lesser priority to it.
- You can optimize multiple sections in the same job. Just enable the "Allow multiple material or sections" using the Tools->Options dialog.
- Increase your profits, by saving and reusing offcuts.
- Layouts that have produced offcuts, are highlighted in BLUE.
- You have to enter the stocks only once, if you use the Inventory feature. PLUS 1D can reduce stocks, and update Drops/Offcuts into the inventory.
- You can now Resize the column width as per your preferences in the Grids with Blue color on the Top-left hand corner.
- You can now combine data of two or more columns in a single column using either "Evaluate Expression" or "Format Expression".
- Enter the Sectional weight in the Material Database in terms of Kg/m.
- The parts weight is calculated from the weight column on the stocks page
or if it is not enabled then a default value of 1 kg/m is used.